On the occasion of the celebration of the International Day of the Tourist Guide, the Professional Association of Guides of Galicia
will offer free guided tours throughout the day on Friday, February 21st, in many places in Galicia. At the end of the tours, whose objective is to make visible the work of these professionals, a group especially affected by intrusion and unfair competition, donations will be collected on a voluntary basis for the Galician Multiple Sclerosis Federation, FEGADEM.
Under the slogan “Be a tourist in your land,: know everything your city has to offer”, this group also wants to contribute to enhance domestic tourism, fight against tourism phobia and promote responsible tourism in cities, based on a documented and accurate work, which places them as the best ambassadors of the territories that teach travelers. The guided tours will take place in:
– SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (12:00 h and 16:00 h Plaza de Platerías)
– A Coruña (12.00 h Plaza María Pita, 17:00 h Obelisco).
– OURENSE (17:00 h Tourist Office).
– LUGO (12:00 h and 17:30 h Plaza Mayor (arcades of the Town Hall)).
– PONTEVEDRA (11:00 h in front of the Town Hall).
– VIGO (12:00 h entrance of Pazo Quiñones de León; 17:00 h Statue of the Bather (Rúa Cánovas del Castillo, 19
– MONFORTE DE LEMOS (17:30 Parador Nacional de Monforte).
For groups of more than 8 people it is advisable to make a reservation indicating the time and route of your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also this year, as a novelty, it will be possible to request the guided tour for groups in other languages.