With the aim of continuing to bet on initiatives aimed at the deseasonalization of tourism, the Deputation of Pontevedra and the Ruta do Viño Rías Baixas have joined forces to promote the marketing of wine tourism packages as a gift for this Christmas. Thus, following the indications of the Strategic Plan of Tourism of the province, both entities have launched the campaign “Este Nadal regala enoturismo nas Rías Baixas”, in which 18 companies of the province participate through 19 different experiences to carry out throughout the year. Within it, packages are presented that include unique experiences in which the wine Rías Baixas is the common thread for weekend plans or two-day getaways.
Participating in the initiative are the wineries Pazo Pondal, Terra de Asorei, Terras Gauda, Mar de Frades, Palacio de Fefiñanes, Paco&Lola, Lagar de Besada, Martín Códax, Gil Armada, Señorío de Rubiós, La Val and GranBazán. Also included in the campaign are accommodations such as Novavila Rías Baixas, Aldea Bordóns and Hotel Louxo La Toja, as well as Pazos such as Quinteiro da Cruz, Rubianes and Baión.
Among the enotourist experiences that are offered include walks between vineyards in kartcross or 4×4, wine tasting and other gastronomic products, hiking trails, guided and guided tastings, wine tourism stays, cooking workshops, sensory experiences, visits to gardens, approach to the work of shellfish or wine therapy treatments. The campaign will run until 6 January and can be consulted, among others, on the websites of Turismo Rías Baixas and Ruta do Viño Rías Baixas.
19 enotourist experiences
Pazo Pondal Winery – Pazo Pondal Experience: Walk through vineyards in kartcross or jeep and then visit the winery with wine tasting and pinchos.
2. Adegas Terras de Asorei – Caminata Terra de Asorei: hiking route along the Ruta da Pedra e da Auga, about 3 hours long. Return to the winery with guided visit and tasting of two wines with pinchos.
3. Bodegas Terras Gauda – Discover Gauda for 2: 4×4 tour of the vineyards with a stop at the winery for a guided tour that will end with a guided tasting of 3 wines accompanied by an aperitif. Gift of a bottle of Terras Gauda wine.
4. Novavila Rías Baixas – Novavila Experience Bonus. One night stay for two people in bed and breakfast regime, plus dinner accompanied by a wine tasting of the D.O. Rías Baixas. Gift of an aromatic candle with the essence of albariño.
5. Mar de Frades – Mar de Frades inconquistable: Visit to the vineyard Finca Valiñas and guided tour of the winery to end with a pairing of its wines with a gastronomic proposal designed by the chefs of Arzábal.
6. Aldea Borbóns – Oenotourism in a rural village: two nights accommodation with breakfast and dinner included, in addition to a guided visit to Adega Eidos with wine tasting.
7. Bodegas del Palacio de Fefiñanes – Wine and gastronomy in Fefiñanes: exclusive visit accompanied by a tasting of Albariño de Fefiñanes in its three versions, in addition to lunch at the Parador de Cambados.
8. Adegas y Viñedos Paco & Lola – Atlantic cuisine with Paco & Lola: Galician cuisine workshop in Quinta de San Amaro and visit to the guided tour of the winery with tasting of its wines from the D.O. Rías Baixas.
9. Bodega Lagar de Besada – Sensory and relaxing experience to share: guided visit for two people, with commented tasting of 4 wines accompanied by a gourmet aperitif. The experience is completed at the Hotel Talaso Louxo La Toja 4* with a 1 hour spa area.
10. Pazo Quinteiro da Cruz – Sensory experience with albariño and camellias: Visit to the Botanical Garden to enjoy the aromas, textures and colours of the camellias and the Albariño Rías Baixas of Quinteiro da Cruz.
11. Bodegas Martín Códax – Martín Códax, el Trovador: guided visit to the winery with a tasting of 3 of its Rías Baixas wines and 3 Galician cheeses.
12. Bodega Gil Armada – El Pazo de Fefiñáns and the Cambados Sea: visit to the Pazo de Fefiñáns and tasting of the Albariño Rías Baixas Gil Armada. The experience is completed with an approach to the work of the shellfish of Cambados collecting the molluscs of the day.
13. Pazo Rubianes – Pazo de Rubianes Atlantic marriage: guided tour of the pazo and its garden of international excellence that will end with a tasting of the Albariño Pazo de Rubianes accompanied by preserves of the artisan workshop Los Peperetes in the original winery of the fifteenth century.
14. Señorío de Rubiós Winery – Pedras e viño: 5.3 kilometre low difficulty hiking route with a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. Arrival at the winery with a guided tour that will end with a wine tasting.
15. Bodegas La Val – Wine tourism and gastronomy in La Val: visit to the vineyards and the winery ending with a tasting of 5 wines and a varied aperitif. Possibility of making an experience of pruning in vineyards.
16. Bodega Granbazán – I stew it, I eat it with albariño: guided visit to vineyards and winery with commented tasting of 3 wines selected by the oenologist, accompanied by a gourmet tapa. Then, cooking workshop in Quinta de San Amaro to end with a complete meal paired with Albariños Rías Baixas Granbazán.
17. Hotel Talaso Louxo La Toja. It offers two enotourist experiences:
– Marine experience between vineyards: Wine and Sea menu harmonized with an Albariño Rías Baixas and Wine & Relax wine therapy treatment, consisting of a body peel, partial wellness massage and hydration with grape cream.
– Marine rest between vineyards: one night stay for two people on a bed and breakfast regime with welcome details, with lunch or dinner based on the Wine and Sea menu. Thalasso session and Wine & Relax Therapy treatment.
18. Pazo Baión – Pazo Baión, the soul of the Albariño: guided tour through the vineyards and the winery that will end with a commented tasting of 4 Albariños Rías Baixas from the Pazo Baión and Condes de Albarei wineries accompanied by local products.