December 15th is the deadline to redeem the discounts of this initiative organised by Galicia Tourism and the Cluster, which in November mobilised 1.5 million euros.
The second call of the “Quedamos en Galicia” tourist voucher campaign is about to come to an end. December 15th is the deadline for users participating in this initiative promoted by the Xunta de Galicia, through the Galicia Tourism Agency, and the Galicia Tourism Cluster to use their vouchers. This means that the bank holiday weekend in December, which coincides with the celebrations of Constitution Day (Monday 6th) and the Day of the Immaculate Conception (Wednesday 8th), is an unbeatable opportunity to stay in Galicia and enjoy the experiences and proposals included in the campaign.
The initiative is organised by means of wallet cards for a total amount of 250, 375 and 500 euros, of which 60% is provided by the Xunta and the remaining 40% by the beneficiary. This money can be used to contract the services of a long list of tourist establishments throughout Galicia (more than 1,200 have signed up), as well as 150 personalised offers and 781 tourist packages. The tourist voucher was initially launched last year to acknowledge the work of health and social-health staff in the fight against the covid pandemic while at the same time serving to boost the reactivation of the tourism sector. In the second call, launched in April this year and which is now coming to an end, the campaign was extended to the entire Galician population. Its success was such that in just 12 hours the two million euros that the Xunta had earmarked for the initiative were sold out.
Balance of November
According to the figures just released by the Xunta, during the month of November, the tourist voucher led to an expenditure of 1.5 million euros in accommodation and travel agencies participating in the programme. In this regard, the Vice-president of the Xunta and Regional Minister of the Presidency, Justice and Tourism, Alfonso Rueda, explained during a visit to the Hotel Balneario Mondariz, that this figure represents a new monthly record and pointed out that since its implementation more than 12,000 people have benefited from this measure.
Rueda also explained that he hopes that the long weekend of the Constitution and the days remaining until 15 December will put the finishing touch to an initiative whose success has meant that “it has been imitated in other communities”.