The #QuedamosenGalicia Tourist Voucher has already led to 1.1 million euros in spending in the sector.

The #QuedamosenGalicia Tourist Voucher has already led to 1.1 million euros in spending in the sector.

More than half of the beneficiaries of the almost 7,000 cards have used part of the amount and a quarter of them have already spent it in its entirety.

 

The deadline for using these vouchers in the more than 900 participating establishments will be open until 31 December.

 

The current edition of the Tourist Voucher #QuedamosenGalicia launched by the Galicia Tourism Agency with the collaboration of the companies of the sector and the Cluster to favour the deseasonalisation encouraging the demand out of the high season has allowed to inject more than a million euros in the adhered establishments.

 

This was announced by the director of the regional agency, Nava Castro, during a visit in recent days to one of the companies participating in this campaign: the online travel agency Siente Galicia, which has also joined the Galicia Destino Sostible Product Club launched a few months ago by the Cluster.

 

Nava Castro detailed that in this new edition of the campaign almost 7,000 cards have been issued (of which the Xunta assumes 40% of the amount and the beneficiary the remaining 60%). He also explained that 52% of the users have used part of the allocated amount (there are cards worth 250, 375 and 500 euros) and that a quarter of them have already used it up in its entirety. He also recalled that the deadline for using these vouchers is 31 December.

 

On this occasion, around a thousand establishments have signed up, including travel agencies, complementary tourism companies and accommodation of all kinds: from hotels to holiday homes, campsites, hostels, spas, rural tourism establishments, apartments, guesthouses and paradors.