Almost a thousand companies in the sector participated in the last edition of the #QuedamosEnGalicia22 vouchers.

Almost a thousand companies in the sector participated in the last edition of the #QuedamosEnGalicia22 vouchers.

Hotels, with 323 participating establishments, and travel agencies, with 171, were the businesses most involved in the Xunta’s campaign.


The Galician tourism sector has once again turned to the #QuedamosEnGalicia tourism voucher initiative, launched for the first time by the Xunta de Galicia and the Galicia Tourism Cluster in 2020 to reward the work carried out by health workers during the pandemic, and which from 2021 was extended to the rest of the Galician population. The 2022 edition, which ended a few days ago, was attended by almost a thousand companies (953 in total) to make their services available to the beneficiaries of the tourist cards.


Hotels were the most represented accommodation in the campaign #QuedamosEnGalicia22 with 323 adhesions, followed by rural tourism establishments (150), tourist flats (111), pensions (91) and campsites (42). Also joining the initiative were 19 hostels, 18 spas, 16 tourist homes and 12 paradors, as well as 171 travel agencies. By provinces, A Coruña was the most represented territory in this initiative, with a total of 346 companies. Pontevedra participated with 331 businesses, Lugo with 160 and Ourense with 99.


Between all these companies, they offered almost 400 tourist packages and a hundred personalised offers that combined accommodation with experiences, spas, routes, gastronomy and other diverse proposals. On this occasion, the amount of the cards that beneficiaries could apply for was 500, 375 and 250 euros, of which the Xunta provided 40 % and the user the remaining 60 %. To apply for the cards it was sufficient to be a resident of Galicia, of legal age and not to have been a beneficiary of the 2021 call for applications.


The beneficiaries were able to use their cards from last spring until 31 December, with the exception of the period from 1 July to 15 September due to the high season in the tourism sector. One of the aims of this initiative has been precisely to stimulate activity in the sector during the off-peak season.