Discover the restaurants of Galicia Calidade Lecer that are in the Repsol Guide
But if you are also looking for a restaurant to enjoy the highest gastronomy, you can also go to those Galician restaurants that enjoy recognition in the famous Repsol Guide, including the Restaurante España, in Lugo, renowned for its current cuisine with multiple menu options, which includes beef raised on the estates of Recelle; The A Taberna restaurant, located in the historic centre of Ourense, stands out for the quality of its products, both fish and meat, and of course, for its rice dishes and the Taberna de Rotilio, in Sanxenxo, an emblematic establishment that mixes signature cuisine with the quality of its products, many of which come from the sea
Excellent forecasts for the closing of the year in the Galician ports
After the December bank holyday, in which some cruise even requested the delay of the departure from Vigo to enjoy the lights on, the cruise season ends. And it does it with expectations of closing a year of excellent numbers for the set of the Spanish ports but also for the Galician ports. A total of 7.4 million people visited the country after disembarking in some of our ports between January and September. Not only is this the highest figure in history, but it is also growing at the fastest pace in eight years. This is a 13.9% increase over the same period last year. The two archipelagos (Canary Islands and Balearic Islands) lead this growth, which is also taken advantage of by the northern communities.
In the case of Galician ports, the accumulated until September gives a total of 272,461 passengers, 2.1% more than in the same period last year. In addition, among the top ten Spanish ports in terms of passenger volume, A Coruña and Vigo stand out. The first occupies ninth place in the ranking, after receiving 133,930 cruise passengers until September, the highest figure in its entire history, after rebounding a tenth over last year. In the case of Vigo, the number of passengers rises by 9.5%, although it is not enough to recover its historic highs. It received 126,900 passengers in the first nine months of the year. The figure is still 40% lower than the 210,155 registered in 2011.
Complete the figures of the Galician ports Ferrol-San Cibrao, with 11,130 passengers, with a fall of 30%, and Vilagarcía de Arousa, with just 502 (-50.1%).
Wine tourism as a Christmas gift
With the aim of continuing to bet on initiatives aimed at the deseasonalization of tourism, the Deputation of Pontevedra and the Ruta do Viño Rías Baixas have joined forces to promote the marketing of wine tourism packages as a gift for this Christmas. Thus, following the indications of the Strategic Plan of Tourism of the province, both entities have launched the campaign “Este Nadal regala enoturismo nas Rías Baixas”, in which 18 companies of the province participate through 19 different experiences to carry out throughout the year. Within it, packages are presented that include unique experiences in which the wine Rías Baixas is the common thread for weekend plans or two-day getaways.
Participating in the initiative are the wineries Pazo Pondal, Terra de Asorei, Terras Gauda, Mar de Frades, Palacio de Fefiñanes, Paco&Lola, Lagar de Besada, Martín Códax, Gil Armada, Señorío de Rubiós, La Val and GranBazán. Also included in the campaign are accommodations such as Novavila Rías Baixas, Aldea Bordóns and Hotel Louxo La Toja, as well as Pazos such as Quinteiro da Cruz, Rubianes and Baión.
Among the enotourist experiences that are offered include walks between vineyards in kartcross or 4×4, wine tasting and other gastronomic products, hiking trails, guided and guided tastings, wine tourism stays, cooking workshops, sensory experiences, visits to gardens, approach to the work of shellfish or wine therapy treatments. The campaign will run until 6 January and can be consulted, among others, on the websites of Turismo Rías Baixas and Ruta do Viño Rías Baixas.
19 enotourist experiences
Pazo Pondal Winery – Pazo Pondal Experience: Walk through vineyards in kartcross or jeep and then visit the winery with wine tasting and pinchos.
2. Adegas Terras de Asorei – Caminata Terra de Asorei: hiking route along the Ruta da Pedra e da Auga, about 3 hours long. Return to the winery with guided visit and tasting of two wines with pinchos.
3. Bodegas Terras Gauda – Discover Gauda for 2: 4×4 tour of the vineyards with a stop at the winery for a guided tour that will end with a guided tasting of 3 wines accompanied by an aperitif. Gift of a bottle of Terras Gauda wine.
4. Novavila Rías Baixas – Novavila Experience Bonus. One night stay for two people in bed and breakfast regime, plus dinner accompanied by a wine tasting of the D.O. Rías Baixas. Gift of an aromatic candle with the essence of albariño.
5. Mar de Frades – Mar de Frades inconquistable: Visit to the vineyard Finca Valiñas and guided tour of the winery to end with a pairing of its wines with a gastronomic proposal designed by the chefs of Arzábal.
6. Aldea Borbóns – Oenotourism in a rural village: two nights accommodation with breakfast and dinner included, in addition to a guided visit to Adega Eidos with wine tasting.
7. Bodegas del Palacio de Fefiñanes – Wine and gastronomy in Fefiñanes: exclusive visit accompanied by a tasting of Albariño de Fefiñanes in its three versions, in addition to lunch at the Parador de Cambados.
8. Adegas y Viñedos Paco & Lola – Atlantic cuisine with Paco & Lola: Galician cuisine workshop in Quinta de San Amaro and visit to the guided tour of the winery with tasting of its wines from the D.O. Rías Baixas.
9. Bodega Lagar de Besada – Sensory and relaxing experience to share: guided visit for two people, with commented tasting of 4 wines accompanied by a gourmet aperitif. The experience is completed at the Hotel Talaso Louxo La Toja 4* with a 1 hour spa area.
10. Pazo Quinteiro da Cruz – Sensory experience with albariño and camellias: Visit to the Botanical Garden to enjoy the aromas, textures and colours of the camellias and the Albariño Rías Baixas of Quinteiro da Cruz.
11. Bodegas Martín Códax – Martín Códax, el Trovador: guided visit to the winery with a tasting of 3 of its Rías Baixas wines and 3 Galician cheeses.
12. Bodega Gil Armada – El Pazo de Fefiñáns and the Cambados Sea: visit to the Pazo de Fefiñáns and tasting of the Albariño Rías Baixas Gil Armada. The experience is completed with an approach to the work of the shellfish of Cambados collecting the molluscs of the day.
13. Pazo Rubianes – Pazo de Rubianes Atlantic marriage: guided tour of the pazo and its garden of international excellence that will end with a tasting of the Albariño Pazo de Rubianes accompanied by preserves of the artisan workshop Los Peperetes in the original winery of the fifteenth century.
14. Señorío de Rubiós Winery – Pedras e viño: 5.3 kilometre low difficulty hiking route with a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. Arrival at the winery with a guided tour that will end with a wine tasting.
15. Bodegas La Val – Wine tourism and gastronomy in La Val: visit to the vineyards and the winery ending with a tasting of 5 wines and a varied aperitif. Possibility of making an experience of pruning in vineyards.
16. Bodega Granbazán – I stew it, I eat it with albariño: guided visit to vineyards and winery with commented tasting of 3 wines selected by the oenologist, accompanied by a gourmet tapa. Then, cooking workshop in Quinta de San Amaro to end with a complete meal paired with Albariños Rías Baixas Granbazán.
17. Hotel Talaso Louxo La Toja. It offers two enotourist experiences:
– Marine experience between vineyards: Wine and Sea menu harmonized with an Albariño Rías Baixas and Wine & Relax wine therapy treatment, consisting of a body peel, partial wellness massage and hydration with grape cream.
– Marine rest between vineyards: one night stay for two people on a bed and breakfast regime with welcome details, with lunch or dinner based on the Wine and Sea menu. Thalasso session and Wine & Relax Therapy treatment.
18. Pazo Baión – Pazo Baión, the soul of the Albariño: guided tour through the vineyards and the winery that will end with a commented tasting of 4 Albariños Rías Baixas from the Pazo Baión and Condes de Albarei wineries accompanied by local products.
The lighting of Vigo pulled the occupation of the December Bank Holiday
Situated in a range between 55% and 70%, the average occupancy in Galicia in this December Bridge has been good for the whole of the Galician tourist sector, although figures from last year have not been surpassed, returning to the figures of previous years, as expected. In any case, the excellent occupancy figures of Vigo, which reached an average occupancy of 95%, especially at the weekend, have allowed to pull a little more of the occupation in the whole of the province of Pontevedra.
The success of the Christmas lighting has encouraged not only the overnight but also the shopping tourism, especially the Galician domestic tourism, which has sometimes improvised the overnight stay. The reinforcement of the Renfe lines and the activities established around lighting have also benefited the contour of Vigo, which has attracted flows of travellers. The forecast for next weekend is even higher in terms of occupancy.
In the rest of the province the fork would be between 50 and 70%, both in Sanxenxo and Pontevedra, which would be closer to 70%, the same percentage that marked the tourist homes in the province, some of which hung the complete poster for this bridge. In the case of this type of accommodation, the occupancy rates ranged from 75% in Vigo to 65% in Cambados, passing through 70% in Sanxenxo or 74% in Pontevedra city. It also highlights the good results of rural tourism, which year after year improves its results – 32%-35% in 2017 and between 40%45% this year.
In the rest of Galicia, the indicator is below and fairly similar behaviour is observed between localities, although each territory has its own particularities.
In A Coruña the occupation was close to 70%, with the Casas Novas equestrian event being the main argument for this figure. On the other hand, in Santiago de Compostela, although a congress was held coinciding with these dates, occupations oscillate between 50 and 55%. In A Costa da Morte, a slight year-on-year drop was observed, especially in the hotel and catering industry, with a range of 70-75%.
In the province of Lugo the indicator is around 70%, being very homogeneous the distribution between the different counties. In any case, it represents a year-on-year decrease of 10%. For its part, in Ourense the behavior and dynamics was similar to recent times, with an occupation that exceeds 50% in any case in the case of the province and around 80% in the city.
Finally, in the case of Lugo, occupation in the province stood at an average of 70.76%, which also represents a decrease of 10 points compared with the same period last year. The
Lugo’s central zone was the most visited area within the province, with an average of 71.64% occupation, followed by Terra Chá, 71.43% and A Mariña and Ribeira Sacra that remained around 70%.
In Galicia as a whole, the visitor’s profile was mainly Galician internal market or national origin.
Pontevedra hosts a conference focused on the internationalization of the Galician tourism sector
The meeting is promoted by the Cluster Tourism of Galicia and the Deputation of Pontevedra
Cluster Tourism Galicia and Pontevedran Provincial Council again build bridges of cooperation to celebrate next Wednesday, December 19, a professional day aimed at the Galician tourism sector under the title “O reto da internacionalización para el sector turístico” which will take place at the headquarters of the Provincial Council in Pontevedra.
The initiative is framed inside the objectives of the Cluster Tourism of Galicia, as well as between those established in the Strategic Plan of Tourism of Pontevedra and in the own Strategy of Tourism of Galicia 2020, that establishes the internationalization like one of the challenges of future for the sector in Galicia. Thus the meeting will be developed with the following objectives:
1. To inform on strategies and actions of internationalization that can be useful for the Galician tourism sector, especially for the business sector. Special attention will be paid to the most innovative aspects and to the use of new technologies in internationalization strategies.
2. To be a networking tool and serve as a meeting point for the social entities of the Galician Tourism Cluster, and in general for professionals and agents of the Galician tourism sector.
3. Contribute to disseminate the activities developed by the Galician Tourism Cluster in terms of internationalization.
The programme of the day is structured around a single day tomorrow, which will be developed through presentations and round tables in which experts in the field of internationalization will participate, in order to offer keys and strategies for success in the challenge of marketing tourism internationally, addressing the difficulties involved in attracting tourism flows in foreign markets. Specifically, in this edition of the Cluster’s internationalisation conferences – the first of which took place in Vigo two years ago – it will focus on the German and Portuguese markets, with the participation of the tourism managers of the Berlin and Lisbon OETs, Arturo Ortiz Arduán and Natalia Briales Cristóbal.
In addition, other important aspects in the processes of international commercialization will be addressed, such as the use of new technologies and innovation as motors of change in the sector within an increasingly competitive and diverse market.
European national surfing federations know the Costa de las Ondas as a destination for high level training.
This is a promotional action framed in the agreement signed between the Mancomunidad de ayuntamientos de la comarca de Ferrol and Xunta de Galicia.
Representatives of the federations of Holland, Belgium, Austria and Germany, and also the European surf federation, participate until Sunday in a fam trip in Ferrolterra, Eume and Ortegal with the aim of publicizing this territory, its services and resources, as a unique destination to host training and competitions of these federations. For three days the participants in this initiative are shown the unique characteristics of this territory grouped under the brand Costa das Ondas, mainly those lesser known beaches that make the area a unique destination for their competitions and training, seeking the relocation of surf tourism and contributing, at the same time, to combat seasonality.
During three days the participants in this initiative have been shown the unique characteristics of this territory grouped under the brand Costa das Ondas, mainly those lesser known beaches that make the area a unique destination for their competitions and training, seeking the delocalization of surf tourism and contributing, at the same time, to combat seasonality.
This promotional action to promote the brand Costa de las Ondas as an umbrella brand of this destination that covers both natural resources and all professional surfing services in this territory, has been made possible thanks to the collaboration agreement between the Mancomunidad de Ayuntamientos de la Comarca de Ferrol with the Xunta de Galicia, through the Galician Tourism Agency for the promotion of the geodestino Ferrolterra – Rías Altas.
Through these actions we seek to value both the unique natural resources of the coast of Ferrolterra and Ortegal for surfing, as well as the human and business capital installed in the territory that can ensure the provision of all services required by these federations for the celebration of their activities. In this sense it should be noted that there is currently a broad professional sector of surfing in Ferrolterra that covers the entire chain of surfing services that may require a national federation: monitors and surfers experts, shops selling technical equipment, repair and manufacture of surfboards, specific accommodation for surfers and also surf friendly high quality, experts in event organization, companies generating multimedia content and social network management, travel agencies receptive, and car rental, among others.